Our entry into the contracting field was not accidental, but intentional with a far vision of providing Quality Electrical Installations. Our Electrical Contractors Licence No. 1 speaks about the pioneering qualities, been well recognized and top rated by our clients all over India. It is the power of quality and commitment to delivery schedule, which the large clientele recognizes and on this front, we have already surpassed our competitors.
Our Electrical and Technical Services
• Entry in the buildings
In Urban areas electrical cables are Usually underground and are brought up to entry point at ground level or into basement service cable cannot be bent to small radiee and this should be borne in mind when considering point of entry. In small buildings the cable run is kept as short as possible, terminating in a distribution board at the first convenient position. In these buildings the distribution board will be fitted with a seal box to prevent moisture from entering the insulation of the service cable, a main fuse for the premises in a box sealed by the supply authority and the consumer unit or other switch and fuse gear belonging to the building. The position chosen for the distribution board should be readily accessible both for meter reading and for replacing fuses. In some cases special glasses are provided so that meter can be read without entering the premises.
• Domestic Supply
• Domestic electricity supply usually effected through distribution system and describe as single and three phases. Normally small buildings are supplied with electricity by two wires, one phase wire and the other neutral. This is known as single phase supply and gives a voltage for the premises of 240 volts. The loading of the supply wiring is balanced between the phases by using the phases in rotation so that each one services every third building.
• In three phases, four wire bring 420/ 240 volts, 50 cycle per second. The voltage. The voltage between any two of the phases wires is 415 Volts. And between any phase wire and the neutral is 240 volts. The balancing of load is then achieved by serving different areas of the building by different phases. Electric motor are usually designed for three phase operation.
• Electric Installations
• Electric Installations require necessary design, planning taking into consideration the whole requirement of the activities to be carried out in the building. The following will be covered for the same..
• Planning & Designing
• Layout of working drawings
• Application to electric supply company for granting estimated low supply and requirement of sub-stations/ transformers
• Laying conduit for underground supply lines before concreting and completing the plinth work.
• Laying conduits in slabs and beam reinforcement, fixing of fan hooks/ boxes in slabs reinforcement for main supply to consumer units/ rooms
• Physical marking of layout of wiring in all units/ rooms.
• Providing & laying complete wiring
• Fixing all fittings and fixtures and complete electrical installations
• Testing of Installations
• Providing consumer meters.
• Submission of test reports to electric supply company for supply connection after obtaining NOC from PWD in cases of building exceeds 15m height.
• Checking of electrical installation by authorized officer of electrical supply company before passing & sealing of meters.
• Permanent electric supply connection to buildings and consumer thereof.
• Design & Planning
• The design and planning of an electrical Installation is governed by the type of user of the building and requirement of the consumer thereof. We have competent electrical engineers/ licensed electrical contractor for providing and planning electrical installations at the planning stage, this ensures safe and efficient in its use and adequate for its intended purpose. For designing layout of electrical installations for specific requirement of power use it is essential at planning stage that the architect in consultation with structural engineer, electrical engineer and owner/developer to decide about following
• Needed accommodation for making provision of sub-station, meter room, switch room, services cable duct, rising mains and cables, opening and chases required in floors and walls for intending electrical installations.
• Total load requirement i.e. lights, fans, power etc.
• Anticipated future increase in power consumption. Requirement of electric supply company including location and distance of main supply connection point.
• Layout of wiring installation, whether open conduit or concealed
• After collecting necessary information and suggestions from other consultants the architect should prepare detailed working drawing of complete electrical installation in consultation with licensed electrical contractor
• The execution of entire electrical Installation should be carried out under the guidance and supervision of competent electrical engineer/through licensed electrical contractor; in accordance to the design and specification provided in the tender and strictly as per rules and regulations of electrical supply.
• The electrical contractor should decide his sequence of work in consultation with the architect in such a manner that it will not affect/conflict with working of other agencies and it will allow other service agencies to work smoothly and simultaneously without any interruption.
• The electrical contractor should get approval for all materials including fitting and fixtures to be used from the architect before commencement of work.
• The contractor should arrange temporary electrical supply for construction purpose; before proper work is commenced.
• At the end of work the electrical contractor should check and test the entire electrical installation work and get it approved from the electrical supply company.
• The electrical contractor should submit his test report and completion certificate in required forms for consumer meter and permanent electric supply connections to the buildings.
• Alternate Source of Electric Supply
• A stand-by electric generator should be installed to supply power to staircase and corridor lighting circuits, fire lifts, the standby fire pumps, smoke extraction & damper systems in case of failure of normal electric supply.
• The generator should be capable of taking starting current offal machines and circuit s stated above simultaneously. If the stand-by pump is driven by diesel engine. The generator supply need not to be connected to the standby pump.